Italian Butternut Squash Soup
|2 tbs||Cooking for Fun extra virgin olive oil|
|500 g||Butternut squash, peeled and seeded|
|½ cup||Onion, chopped|
|2 cup||Vegetable stock|
|2 tbs||Cooking for Fun Balsamic Vinegar|
|4 tbs||Coconut milk|
|2 tbs||Chopped parsley|
|Nutmeg, salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Cut squash into 1 inch chunks.
- Heat olive oil in pot. Saute onion until translucent.
- Add butternut and stock. Bring to simmer and cook until squash is tender.
- Blend the mixture with blender until smooth. Return the blended mixture to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped flat Italian parsley, balsamic and a dash of coconut milk before serving.