German Pretzel Crusted Chicken Schnizel
|4 pcs||chicken breasts, skinned and boned|
|1 tbs||fresh thyme leaves, chopped freshly ground black pepper|
|½ cup||all-purpose flour|
|2||Cooking for Fun egg, lightly beaten|
|1 bag||salted pretzels|
|¼ cup||vegetable oil for frying|
|1||lemon, cut into wedges|
- Crush pretzel in plastic bag into rough crumbs.
- Pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thin. Sprinkle with chopped thyme leaves and pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour, dip into beaten egg and then toss in pretzel until well-coated.
- Heat oil in nonstick frying pan with medium heat, fry breaded chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
- To make cheese sauce, heat butter in saucepan until melted, stir in flour until well mixed and bubbling. Gradually whisk in milk and stir until sauce is thick and boiled. Stir in grated cheddar cheese until the mixture melt. Remove from the heat and stir in mustard at last.
- Serve chicken schnitzel with cheese sauce and lemon wedges.