Duck Confit with Yellow Beans
|4 large||Duck legs (200g each)|
|30 g||Sea salt|
|1 tbs||Black peppercorns, crushed|
|4 cloves||Garlic, peeled and finely chopped|
|2||Bay leaves, finely sliced|
|4||Sprigs thyme, picked|
|½||Onion, peeled, finely sliced|
|4 cloves||Garlic, peeled, halved|
|100 g||Bacon, cut into 1 inch wide|
|100 g||Skinned and halved yellow beans, soaked overnight|
|700 g||Chicken stock|
|1 tsp||Black pepper, freshly ground|
|2 tbs||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbs||Chopped parsley|
|100 g||Rocket salad|
- Pat duck legs dry with paper towels and rub with salt, black peppercorn, garlic, bay leave and thyme. Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven at 120 ํC. Discard all the marinade, place duck legs skin side up in deep ovenproof dish and pour duck fat just to cover the duck legs.
- Put in the oven for 3 hours or until the duck is tender. Then deep fry duck legs in 180 ํC hot oil until skin is crispy. Keep hot.
- Meanwhile, bring onion, garlic, bacon, yellow bean, bay leave, thyme sprigs and chicken stock to simmer over low heat for 1 hour until the beans are softened.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix in extra virgin olive oil and parsley.
- To serve, spoon the beans on the plate and top with duck confit and serve with rocket salad.