Beef Fillet with herb crust and port rosemary sauce
|2 ½ cups||fresh white breadcrumbs|
|½ cup||minced shallots|
|1 cup||JOY red wine|
|3/4 cup||ruby Port|
|1 package||Gravox Roast Beef with Shiraz Liquid Gravy|
|1 tsp||Cooking for fun dried rosemary|
|2 tbs||olive oil|
|1 kg||Australian beef tenderloin|
|250g||Brussels sprout, halved andin salted water|
- For herb curst, in food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Remove the mixture from food processor and set aside.
- For port rosemary sauce, heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sautè until tender. Stir in wine and port. Bring to boil for 10 minutes.Add Gravox gravy and bring to boil, and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over high heat.
- Season beef tenderloin with salt, pepper and oil. Add beef to skillet and seal until outside is nicely browned, about 1-2minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and immediately put the beef in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place herb crust in between 2 parchment papers. Roll into 2mm thin. Keep in the fridge until set. Cut the herb curst into the same size as the beef. Brush egg yolk over the beef and place the herb crust over.
- Bake the beef on a baking tray with blanched Brussels sprouts at 200 ํC for 15 minutes. Serve with port rosemary sauce.