Mussel with Mornay Sauce
|½ cup||JOY white wine|
|2 clove||garlic, crushed|
|¼ cup||onion, chopped|
|2 tbs||Waitrose plain flour|
|½ cup||shredded gruyere cheese|
- Bring white wine, water, garlic and onion in big pot to a boil. Add mussels and cover with lid until the mussels have all opened.
- Discard any mussels that do not open. Remove mussels from the pot.
- Remove mussel and then set back in the same shells. Arrange on serving tray.
- Preheat oven at 200 ํC.
- To make mornay sauce, heat butter in a small saucepan, stir in flour with a wooden spoon a few minutes over medium heat until begins to bubble.
- Pour in milk gradually, stirring constantly. Bring the milk mixture to a simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add ¼ cup cheese, stir until melted. Add egg yolk and mix in. Season with white pepper and salt to taste.
- Spoon some mornay sauce over each mussel, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake under broiler at 200 ํC for 5 minutes, and serve immediately.